There are many things you can do. I STRONGLY recommend buying this book and giving it to the younger liberals, but if you don't want to drop the $12 on the book (or $5 on the Kindle version) there are many things you can do like;
1. Feel no guilt for your success.
2. Succeed and insist that you did it by hard work and failed many times before you succeeded and that the reason most people fail is because they never try.
3. Work in the private sector
5. Insist you keep score
6. have a box of Kleenex handy so when they open their mouth and complain, you can give them a tissue to cry in.
7. Point out America is successful because of a combination of capitalism, British culture, hard work, military strength and aggression, as well as engineering and science (not art and philosophy or "Insertethnicgrouphere"Studies).
8. Point out that people like you don't need people like them to survive as you support yourself. Yet people like them need people like you to survive because they are not self-reliant and need income transfers and therefore should be grateful...or just call them an ungrateful parasite, it's just quicker.
But if you really want to give them a heart attack just show them this chart of executive compensation as a multiple of the average worker's earnings;
And then, like The Economist did in the article, defend it.