Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Santa Baby

Friendly reminder folks as Christmas approaches you can bring home a little bit of the Captain with you!

Have a young boy, confused about the housing market and the current day economy? Why nothing makes a better stocking stuffer than the epic story of a heroic economist who fought against the villainous forces of fat, middle aged bankers in the classical bedtime story; "Behind the Housing Crash!"

You and the Mrs. want to learn to dance, but don't have the time to take classes? Why, your beloved Captain has you covered. Take a dance class or get one of his instructional dance DVD's. Your choice of Swing, Salsa, Ballroom or Latin or all four.

Want to disassociate yourself from the sub prime slime and ponzi-scheme running investment bankers that have brought the US economy down? Want to establish that you are indeed the Alpha-Male/Female at work? Want to be appealing to girls? Then tell them what they want to hear! Tell them, you contribute to GDP. Nothing says, "I rule and I'm sexy on top of it" than a shirt saying, "I Contribute to GDP."

And finally, stocks are down 40% while the economy is in shatters. What better gift than the gift of education! Take a class on basic personal financial management or a more advanced class solely dedicated to the valuation and analysis of stocks (click here and scroll down a bit, you'll see the links).

Also, feel free to contact the Captain if you're interested in any of the above, or just want to say hello! The Captain always likes to hear from the readers and would bring good Christmas cheer to him if you said hello!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I work for the government. Do you have a bumper sticker that says, "I am a thirsty tick in the armpit of GDP" ??

Anonymous said...

I sent an e-mail out to my co-workers telling them that I'd be taking the afternoon off to stimulate the local economy and that that even when I take time off, I still contribute to GDP.

They think I'm nuts.

Hot Sam said...

I got your book the other day and I love it. The personal anecdotes are hilarious.

I swear I know Phyllis, but her name was actually Scott.

The Army was full of Phyllises. We once had a Powerpoint presentation that was full of errors. The author created tables using spaces instead of actually creating a table. I got in trouble for fixing it because our presentation looked "different" from everyone elses. In this case, "different" meant "better."

I can't wait to finish reading the book, but I have to fight through all those semicolons. :)