Saturday, July 25, 2009

While on Vacation

My girlfriend likes to sleep in late, and since we're on vacation, I figured I'd run some morning errands and get things situated before we start another big day. This way no time is wasted, my beloved can sleep in, but when it's time to get up, there's nothing to do, but GO and DO!

Today we are going to climb Battle Mountain, about a 4,500 hill really, but it's a good morning workout to begin the day with. I spent part of the morning tracking a place to climb it, part of the morning putting in a new air filter on the car, part of the morning getting supplies, and part of the morning getting my girlfriend coffee.

I return to our cabin and what do I see?

My girlfriend watching You Tube videos on the laptop whilst STILL in bed.

Middle of the world's most beautiful country, mountains galore to climb, tons of streams to fish and she's watching You Tube videos.

I said, "you're watching You Tube videos?"

Sheepishly she replies, "yes" and then giggles at me.

God bless her.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So you insulted her by invoking a being that doesn't exist to cast a spell on her?

Anonymous said...

Don't know what it is about women, but it's the giggles that seal the deal.

Captain Capitalism said...

Anon 1

She's a Christian so she will appreciate the blessing.

Anon 2

I like giggles.