Tuesday, August 30, 2011

I'm Slamming the Teachers, Not the Kids

Teachers unions very much like taking any criticism directed at them and deflecting it to the children. That if you slam the teachers or the teacher's union for being incompetent, overpriced and indoctrinists, then you are by default a child hater and against education. It is cowardice at its worst and is why I make this clear distinction before I rip apart "education majors" and "teachers" for what they (typically, but not all of them) are.

Just more proof of what your Captain has been telling you this entire time. The reason I'm so adamant about pointing this out or if it seems I have an vendetta against teachers, it's because I remember these people when they were going to college. I remember the types of people, from my generation, who are now teachers. You don't want them teaching your kids. They were the ones who readily admitted they were too lazy to pursue real, hard, STEM studies. They partied, they drank, and they usually didn't bother working to put themselves through college. And without fail if you asked them why they were going into education "3 months off" was regularly cited as the number one reason.

Now of course, it takes them a nano-second to grab a kid and use it as a shield when fiscally sane people start to question whether we're getting a bang for our taxpayer buck. Oh, then they become really altruistic real quick.

I just wonder if others are able to discern between teachers and children or if they are not going to appreciate my marksmanship in who I'm precisely targeting.

6 comments:

Sindi said...

Hmmmm. . . I like Japan's idea of teacher training!

Captain Capitalism said...

What is the Japanese way?

Unknown said...

I'll go one step further and say it's primarily the teachers' unions that are the problem. I think dedicated teachers would ditch their unions if they knew what those unions are hiding from them (and the rest of us.) Unfortunately, the teachers have been indoctrinated by union BS since they were 18-year-old college freshmen, and have learned not to ask questions.

Marvin said...

I'll happily pay a private school teacher a good salary, but I vote against public school taxes every time, because most public school staff are just parasites promoting communism.

Anonymous said...

My undergrad university had a journalism school.
Next to those dim-witted degenerates, education
majors seem like fine upstanding people.

Oh yes: journalism majors can't do math.

Sindi said...

Cap,

Didn't you read the whole article?

"Students must first earn an undergraduate degree in an academic field and then those who wish to enter teaching apply to become apprentices -- only a small fraction are accepted. The apprentice works with a master teacher for several years."

Sounds good to me!