Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Another Horrible Stock Pick by the Captain

As you all know, I don't make stock recommendations. You can get sued for that. I invest in insanely high risk stocks that you're guaranteed to lose your investment in. That's why I tell you NOT to invest in these stocks. And my new stock pick is just as stupid, risky and insane.

Ergo, you are a fool! A moron! An idiot! If you are to invest in this one.

Woe is you who is so stupid as to follow my advice and invest in such an obvious con.

But no, you won't listen to me. You'll invest anyway even though you are guaranteed to lose your shirt.

Why the chances of you making money on this stock is like Venezuela or Bolivia experiencing economic growth in the next 10 years.

Anyway, here it is.

Verasun Energy.

Yes, I am aware of their distribution problem, but frankly I just wanted to invest in something that might stand a chance of benefiting from high oil prices. I almost feel guilty as it's an ethanol producer and me being the evil capitalist, in a sense have betrayed by evil Big Oil Overlords (gosh, I hope they don't send assassins to kill me for stepping out of line. I can hear their black helicopters firing up now! I mean they're all powerful and control everything, just look at the 2006 congressional election..oh wait..)

3 comments:

Paul E. Zimmerman said...

Cappy,

When you're making portfolio destroying picks that will definitely go down in Hindenburg-esque flames, such that I would never ever ever ever buy them nor consider your posts as investment advice < /disclaimer>, I would like to know - strictly for academic reasons - do you... no, WOULD you use any sort of fundamental analysis, technical analysis, some combination of the two, or would you do something like look at national/international/intergalactic trends and then simply buy stocks of companies that pertain to said trends?

Not saying that you would, or do. Just throwing that out there, big hypothetical stuff and all Mr. SEC employee who happens to be reading this (*nudgenudgewinkwink* say no more, say no more).

Captain Capitalism said...

These investments I list here are the "fun" "gambling" investments I don't really waste my time looking at fundamentals.

If I'm looking at retirement funds, then yeah, I spend more time crnuching the numbers, etc., however, these are truly the "fun" risky ones that I just look at trends and invest.

For example most of my Chinese investments I invest in for two reasons;

1. You can trade them.
2. They're in China.

I put a little more into it than that, but it's just riding a trend.

I figured life would screw us over a little more with gas prices because politicans and protestors are picking their asses and not allowing for another refinery to be built, and so I looked at VSE (and also bought a motorcycle!).

Cpt. C.

Anonymous said...

If you're going to recommend a stock that is on the green side of the energy problem you might as well recommend one that at least makes money. How about FSLR? VSE sucks.

-Capt Bogs