Wednesday, October 28, 2009

I Think I Had the Pig Flu

Actually, I'm being half-serious about this.

I got a HORRENDOUS cold last month, took three weeks to fully recover, a worse cold than the typical cold I normally get during the cooling months, but still not the "worst" cold I've ever had.

Slept in, had girls come over to pamper me (and do electrical work), ate well, and didn't work more than I had to. Sure enough, like all other colds in the history of colds, this one went away as the Captain's T-cells went to battle.

So I was thinking that it was too coincidentally timed with the pig flu epidemic as several cases were reported here in Minnesota (although who knows, maybe it was just the schools shutting down being overworried).

Regardless, I wondered, "Did I have the pig flu?" and so I looked up the symptoms here at the CDC.

Wow, the pig flu is just like the regular flu, BUT!!!! (drum roll)....

IT'S SPELLED DIFFERENTLY!!!!

Seriously, it wouldn't surprise me if I had the pig flu.

Since then Young Joie more or less explains my position of this flu as well as provides some informational links about Pig Flu.

Never let a crisis, real or fabricated, go to waste.

4 comments:

Hot Sam said...

Women may now kiss you for acquired immunity.

CBMTTek said...

"Never let a crisis, real or fabricated, go to waste."

How true, for 8 years, I had to endure the Bush haters claiming over and over again the Bush caused 9/11 to take control of the US. Of which nothing more the coincidences and unanswered questions were provided as evidence.

Now, we have a real power grab going on in all aspects of the US economy (health care, stimulus, Government Motors, repeal of tax cuts, etc...) based on crises that were actually created by the liberal machine.

Seriously, this is SARS all over again, and the current administration is taking full advantage, and the news is helping them along.

Oh, and Nick is 100% on the mark there.

Jeff Engel said...

I had the flu about a month ago, I was pretty sure it was the H1N1 strain. It turned out to be pretty mild; nothing a few home remedies couldn't solve. About two weeks ago I went into the H.E.B. health-clinic, to have quick seasonal flu-shot, and I explained the symptoms of the flu I previously had and the doctor told me it sounded just like the "Swine Flu."

If all the great H1N1 outbreak took to cure was some IB Profen, a little rest, gallons of water, a day and a half miss of classes, a weekend off from work, continually applying the anti-bacterial soap, and some perseverance, I'm inclined to wonder whether public vaccinations or public "care-packages" would cost less for the this National Emergency.

http://mises.org/story/3782

Anonymous said...

Here's how you can tell if you have the swine flu -

if you have this insatiable desire to take off your clothes and roll around in the mud, you might have the swine flu...

if you have this desire to push you nose into dirt and mud to root around in it, you might just have the swine flu.