In an increasing amount of empirical evidence that Hollywood has a political agenda and presumably no longer cares about profits, it seems they're going to ignore the flop known as "Affirmative Action Ghostbusters" and force another feminist lecture down your throat - Feminist Ocean's 11.
Of course it's called Ocean's 8, but there's nothing new here.
I mean, REALLY nothing knew.
They're plagiarizing a movie that plagiarized another one. And in more ways than one. They are simply taking a movie from the 60's, that was a remake in the 90's, and copy-cating the (oh so clever move) of replacing the entire male cast with women. Dang those creative crafty Hollywood types! How do they do it???
I don't know what to say that hasn't already been said about Affirmative Action Ghostbusters.
1. Hollywood is plum out of ideas if the best they can come up with is "Take 40 year old movie + Women."
2. It's plagiarism
3. It's forcing gender roles that don't work and nobody likes
4. It's the antithesis of feminism if you merely do what men did 30 years later
5. There's no originality
6. It's an admission of defeat that women can only repeat what men do, but can manage nothing original on their own.
7. It's forcing a political sermon on people who don't want it.
8. It's mixing fun with politics.
I really don't care if Hollywood wants to make the next 100 movies all female casts. It's their and the shareholders' money. But the fact they're pushing forward with this in light of the spectacular failure Feminist Ghostbusters was, suggests to me the higher ups in Hollywood view some of the movies they make as nothing more than CSR expenses to virtue signal and (vainly) try to capitalize on the naivety of women.
I wish you all in Hollywood good luck and look forward to the all-female cast remake of The Great Escape.
Super Cappy rant on YouTube here.