Monday, August 21, 2017

Academic Composition is Hiring Digital Nomads

Alex from Academic Composition is hiring, and for many of you your life goal is to work remotely.  Well, now's your chance.

The pay is shit and the hours are boring, but if you're looking to get paid while traveling this is the job.  I've posted Alex's ad below, feel free to contact him and let him know "The Captain sent you!"

Academic Composition is always hiring and we are looking for new marketers. The Fall season is right around the corner and we'll be in need of all the help we can get.

Moreover, you'll be able to generate more leads in the Fall than in the summer, so this is an ideal opportunity for marketers to help us bring business in ways that will be lucrative for both parties. You will be paid a bonus for each customer you'll connect us with.

You can do all of the work remotely and we'll provide you with all of the material you'd need.


Here is how you can get started: email us at Academiccomposition@gmail.com

Then, follow these three steps

  1. Set up a new gmail account with your initials in it
  2. Edit the forwarding features to ensure that all incoming emails are re-directed to Aleksey.Bashtavenko@gmail.com
  3. Use that new gmail account to set up a craigslist account

Ask us for clarification, if necessary.

Payout: $5 for each lead you'll generate.

Base pay: $1 for each day you post, so $7 per week

Most marketers average four leads a week.

Time commitment required: less than 15 minutes a week

Work required: receive our ads and post them
 
Aleksey Bashtavenko
Academic Composition
 
Owner & Principal Writer
(540) 300-1253

2 comments:

Peregrine John said...

I dunno, I've never collected a dime. Eventually gave up.

David Steward said...

I did this for awhile, but stopped after realizing that doing this is strictly against the rules on Craigslist. You stand the chance of facing a lawsuit if they choose to pursue it, as well as having your account banned. I don't know what the odds of being sued by them are, maybe they're very low, but they're still not odds I want to chance.

If you do choose to do this, keep in mind that Craigslist will only allow you to post 5 ads at maximum a day in the manner described above. That's IF they aren't flagged and removed (typically for posting ads for the same service in different cities, which is against the rules), which the vast majority will be. Some may get by for a few days, but they'll be found eventually.

Also, when I did this, it was never really clear HOW I would be paid. There was no discussion about it (I thought I would be informed after I got a lead), so I never received any payment. Not a huge deal, as I wouldn't have made much anyway, so I'm not pursuing it, but I just needed to throw that out there.

I'm not trying to dissuade anyone from working for Alex. I actually believe in the service that he provides. I'm just pointing out the possible problems that you may come up against if you take this route. You'd probably be better off taking one of the writing jobs for him.