Thursday, October 17, 2013

It's So Bad You Now Pay to Work

I want to go to work, pay my taxes, come home and not fucking think about it. I’m not a motivated self starting entrepreneur. I don’t want an opportunity for growth. I don’t need to sound cool to girls. That’s what the book is for. Go to work and get paid and come home. Impossible. Jobs do not exist. The promise of a job is just a way for motivated self starting entrepreneurs to sell you something. The unemployed are a captive market. There is no money. There is only debt. What’s out there is: you pay to work. Soon the whole economy will be like this.

5 comments:

Ben Cohen said...

Captain can you do a post on multi-level marketing. I've noticed that it has exploded in size over the last five years.

Ben Cohen said...

Captain, multi-level marketing is a scam. The employer takes no risk and you have to spend tons of money trying to recruit other broke people. What a joke.

Anonymous said...

Mr Cohen, MLM has been a rack for a long long time.

I recall moving to a new area 20 years ago (Wichita Falls, TX). Between my husband and I, we were approached for Amway 15 times in the first three weeks of moving in. The bookstore, the hardware store, the grocery store, the airport, neighbors, even the plumber (who didn't solicite us during the work hour, but took time to call us later and ask if he could speak to us about a business opportunity).

Paul, Dammit! said...

One of the best pieces of advice I ever got on this subject came from my academic advisor in college.
"Never, ever work for free. In the long term it will be worth exactly what they're paying you."

There are so many people complaining that they can't find a job...

There are so many companies complaining they can't find applicants for jobs...

Hmmm... it's almost like the people claiming to be desperate aren't looking in the right place?

Mike Rowe had a great awakening, working with a doctor who quit his job to work at a sewer treatment plant. Now he's a champion for vocational training.

Also, isn't multi-level marketing also known as amway/ponzi scheming? I didn't even know that was still a thing.

Anonymous said...

The better question is: what's not a pyramid or Ponzi scheme these days?