Monday, April 13, 2009

The Captain Holds Class

Greetings all Cappy Cap readers!

Tis a very happy day for I now have finally been given the go ahead to start advertising my online classes on my blog. I’ve been teaching online classes for quite some time now (since 2002, back when I was but a wee lieutenant), but it wasn’t until now I got the green light to advertise them here.

In any case I have two classes;

“Stocks Bonds and Investing; Oh My!”

And

“The Analysis and Valuation of Stocks.”

The first class is just an introductory course to the basics of personal financial management. It is a great class for anybody, but AN OUTSTANDING class for younger folk. I have often insisted that if we had decent personal financial management education in the schools we would have never had this current economic crisis, arguably never have recessions again, but do yourself or perhaps a younger loved one a favor and take this class. You will save and make infinitely more money than what you spend on it.

The second course is actually the one I’m most proud of. It was originally a seminar I put together in Minneapolis to capitalize on the “Dotcom” fad where everybody wanted to trade stocks. However, it became hands down (and I am not bragging here, just speaking the truth) the best class on how to research, value and analyze stocks. You’ll learn how to read financial statements (always a good skill to have) calculate ratios, value stocks and analyze the economy. Additionally, it is sprinkled with humorous anecdotes and stories much in the same way my book was written to keep the reader engaged and entertained, all while learning at the same time.

Also allow me to point out the new advertisement on the right. This is for the company I do the classes through called “Education to Go.” They offer A TON more classes than just the two classes I have, and pretty much have a class for every interest. So if you’re not too excited about taking one of my classes, feel free to click on the link and see what they offer (besides which, you’re ole Captain gets a 10% kick back in case anybody signs up for a class thought that link ;). The link goes to the first class I mentioned, but you can click on the “full catalogue” at the top.

In any case, I would very much appreciate it if you would come visit me and take my classes or even just tell people that might be interested about them. As you know I no longer work a regular day time job and more or less rely on these online classes, my dance classes and other sources of income as a means of support, and I damn well refuse to go to Daddy government for support. So come visit the Captain and learn something new!

4 comments:

BC Monkey said...

I look forward to sending my kids in for your course. Unfortunately, they will have to grow for at least another 12-14 years, methinks.

CBMTTek said...

If I knew at the tender young age of 6, 1/100th of what I now know about money, I would probably have been able to retire at 35.

Captain, you are 1Trillion% correct that economic education needs to be provided to kids. Things like:
what is the total cost of ownership?
How interest on debt will eat away at your income.
Healthy use of credit, what certain actions will mean to your credit score, and why debt free is such a nice feeling.
And so on...

Had I have gotten even a rudimentary education in personal finance, I would have never bought that JetSki, which spent most of its time in the garage because the payments ate up the gas money. And, yes, money was that tight when I spent over $5,000 on a shiny new toy.

If I only knew then...

Captain Capitalism said...

Sadly you have no idea how hard it is to get financial education into the US public schools.

"DO you have a doctorate in education?"

No

"Well then you aren't qualified to teach, let alone come up with new cirricula. In the mean time we have to teach kids about psychology and diversity."

ScottH said...

Hi Captain;

Take a look at what Travis is thinking about creating:

http://tjic.com/?p=11251

Maybe you could help him flesh out the details for a reduced rate...