Friday, April 24, 2009

The Captain Will Write a Second Book

Fellow junior, deputy, aspiring, official or otherwise economists,

Though I did not make the millions I had hoped for writing "Behind the Housing Crash" and was originally of the opinion I would not write another book again, several readers came to the same conclusion after I made this post about the advice I would like to give to younger men as it came to dealing with women in their teens and twenties. And that conclusion was not only that I should "write another book" but if that book were about the absolutely insane dating experiences I've had, they would buy it in a heart beat. Of course, three or four people recommending I do such a thing, does not a market for a book make, however, a friend had the observation that "given how much you write, if you just wrote one chapter per week, in a year you would have a book, without any additional work."

And that is what piqued my interest.

Ergo, every Friday (or hopefully every Friday) the Captain shall have "Date from Hell Day" wherein he'll regale you with with a horror tale of his previous courting experiences, laden of course with his wry, cynical, but above all, amazingly accurate analysis.

Understand I still have yet to put together the theme or the overall layout of the book, so it may be a bit slow going at first, but since my hits all seem to go up when I write about gossip and dirt, and go up maybe a slight 2% when I write genius economic commentary that would save the US economy trillions of dollars, I, being a true capitalist am only left to obey the free market.

3 comments:

Brian said...

Your stories on that subject are aways a fun read, I think it would be great.

PS I finally did buy your housing book a couple days ago!

Unknown said...

Oh oh, looks like the Captain showed his hand a little too soon. Here I was about to go and purchase your book. But, seeings as how we are all capitalists here, I guess I should just wait for the release of book 2 and then get them at a 2for1 price. That is unless the captain gives me a 15% discount on his first novel right now.... :P

Yes, I AM a cheeky bastard.

-Brad

AeroGuy said...

From an individual economic standpoint, genius advice on how to better manage the economy does nothing for me since I'm not anywhere close to the PTB so it only depresses me, but your advice on dating has already produced dividends. I bought one copy of your first book but I might consider buying multiple copies of a second book to share with my friends.