Sunday, December 09, 2012

Nice Job Saving the Planet

I was doing some research to see what energy consumption in the country looks like in that I don't know if I trust official government economic figures anymore and would prefer instead to look at energy consumption as a proxy for economic growth.  The results were inconclusive (plus I think I had the wrong data set).

But then I found this gem:



Americans spent more calories of energy worrying and talking about renewable energy than calories burned using actual renewable resources!

1 comment:

Adam said...

you might want to start here http://news.slashdot.org/story/09/11/28/1910250/modeling-the-economy-as-a-physics-problem. A physics looked at the economy as a heat engine, put energy in get work (economic work in this case) out, and found some interesting results.

might help you