Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Jasper/Hwy 93/Glaciers

I drove from Smithers to Hyder, AK to Prince George in one day.  If you are too lazy to look that up it's about 650 miles and I got another 650 to go tomorrow.  In the meantime here are pictures from 3 days ago I haven't had time to upload from my trek on hwy 93 in between Banff and Jasper.  It was at that time the most pretty scenery I've seen, but then I saw hwy 37A enroute to Alaska and that has since changed.




































Remember, Sergeant Rumpie Fluffalo says:

"Work hard, kiss ass, brown nose, buck for that promotion, and run ever so much faster in that rat race so you can pay more in taxes so that I and the Captain can enjoy the fine public roads, highways, infrastructure and national/state/provincial parks!  Enjoy the Decline!"

9 comments:

GeorgiaGirl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
GeorgiaGirl said...

Beautiful photos Captain..
What an adventure!

ARoss said...

Hey, Cap, nice trip so far. I definitely gotta check that out.

Unknown said...

Absolutely beautiful!

Lucas Darr said...

Outstanding.

Anonymous said...

Hey Cap'n,
"Work hard, kiss ass, brown nose, buck for that promotion, and run ever so much faster in that rat race so you can pay more in taxes so that I and the Captain can enjoy the fine public roads, highways, infrastructure and national/state/provincial parks!"

Just wanted you to know that I'm doing my part!!!

But at least you have the good grace to thank me, unlike some of my former patients, and it's much appreciated! Send me shovel and this kulak will work even harder for the collective! Their beet ration can't be beet!

Bill K.

kakola said...

Oh Cap, I think you did all that riding and looking and forgot the most interesting part - a discussion of the meaning of life with the residents of Hyder, who are some of the most unique refugees from the real world that you would ever find anywhere. An evening spent in in the convivial surroundings of the Sealaska or the First Chance/Last Chance would have left you with new insight into the true meaning of life, and a massive hangover to boot. Go back, Cap, go back - it may not yet be too late.

OregonGuy said...

Athabasca Glacier.

Must see.

So blue.
.

One Fat Oz Guy said...

OT: While you're on holidays, the US is finally starting to formalise the collapse:

http://au.finance.yahoo.com/news/detroit-emergency-manager-files-bankruptcy-201454103.html

So, sell the whole city and tax the citizens for what's left on the debt.

Really OT: a friend of my father wrote his MBA thesis back in the 70's on the idea of selling Australia (land, minerals, cities, everything) and dividing up the cash between the citizens to pay them off to leave. Each citizen, as he calculated, would have gotten about $2 million in 1970s money, which would have made us all millionaires!