Monday, January 20, 2014

Monday Morning Linkage

Irresponsible single mom?
Check.
Twice divorced?
Check.
Had other people pay for her education?
Check.
And you people think she's going to be a good governor?

It is because I shoveled shit as my first job and at the age of 13 had more real world, private sector experience than our president ever had or ever will have that would make my autobiography infinitely more interesting than his two (sure to be three).  The only problem is I'm not arrogant enough to write a book about myself.

Would it kill a company to tell the race whore industry to pound sand for once?  Huh, would it?

Thank god.

3 comments:

Phil Galt said...

Wendy Davis appeared on my (and I imagine most other Texan's) radar recently due to her role in some kind of abortion fracas. Depending on whom you listen to, it would have either made abortions safer or regulated them out of the state. There were lots (and lots) of protesters, and somehow miss Davis emerged as a hero (again, depending on whom you listen to).

I can't prove it, but I never could shake the feeling that the whole thing was as orchestrated as any ballet.

Dan said...

The bill would have increased the cost of medical care, particularly abortions. Her filibuster succeeded in delaying it slightly. It has been held unconstitutional in part and will result in wasteful litigation. All in all it was a bad bill and probably worth opposing to the extent she did.

I could also point out Senator Campbell has short hair which you claim not to like and was one of the coauthors.

That said, I don't think she would be a good governor and is unlikely to be elected.

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater said...

I love how she says that her opponents haven't "walked a day in her shoes".

Greg Abbot has been in a wheelchair for over a quarter century.

I'm voting for him and Dan Patrick as LtG, mainly because he threatened to sue Travis County if they tried to impose background checks at local gun shows.