Thursday, January 09, 2014

Our Van Dwelling Agent in the Field

When I was 22 I was trying to bust my ass off to get into banking, work hard, and prove my mettle.

I wish I did what our Van Dwelling Agent in the Field is doing, and I sincerely mean that:

I'm 22, travelling around the US in an outfitted van on money that I saved working at a hotel for a year and am definitely enjoying the decline. Note: I'm from a cold as hell Midwestern state that would not be as fun of a spot to read your new book in during the middle of January.


This kid is smarter than all of us.  Enjoying the decline 15 years my junior.

2 comments:

Brett said...

This guy has the right idea. I'm 24 about to be leaving Canada to escape this brutal cold. Unfortunately I have to come back here within 6 months so I don't over-stay my welcome.

Still waiting for your book.. can't wait.

Peregrine John said...

Our van-dwelling prodigy appears to have his van parked in Southern California right now. I am close to the beach but in an ugly, tall, air-conditioned cave and unable to get to it. This is because I was not nearly as wise as the Agent. But working on fixing the problem.