Saturday, September 22, 2012

A Great Primer of Economics for Beginners and Experts

Howdy All,

I have been linking to a fair amount of Ludwig Von Mises and Austrian podcasts and I figured I'd just post the link to the veritable treasure trove of MP3's instead of piece mealing them out.

There is a TON of podcasts here, a lot of which are great for the beginner economist as well as some more advanced topics for the expert or advanced hobbyist economist. 

Regardless, if you need something for your MP3 player while you're working out or taking a flight I STRONGLY recommending seeing what they have here.  Should last you a couple weeks at least.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the link, Captain. I just added the page to my bookmarks. I still need to get through reading Henry Hazlitt's Economics in One Lesson along with Peter Schiff's The Real Crash, but those MP3s will only add the amount of free, educational content that I need to listen to. Who needs a Harvard MBA when you have all this stuff posted for free?

Drama said...

I just read economics in one lesson last week.
So simple, it puts into words all those things I knew but just couldn't quite explain correctly.

HumblyReformed said...

Hazlitt's Economics in One Lesson is a must for anyone interested in getting a primer on Economics.

It's an easy read and very straightforward.

Aeoli Pera said...

Mises.org also has a lot of great audiobooks. People looking for a proper introductory economics text can listen to Mises' Human Action.

Plus, you get bragging rights for reading one of the greatest masterpieces of Western civilization.

Bill said...

Economics In One Lesson, by Henry Hazlitt has been in my library for about 40 years now, and it's well-thumbed, scribbled in, highlighted and well, well-used. I highly recommend it to all.

"Capitalism: The Unknown Ideal," by Ayn Rand, is very useful too, especially the two appendices, The Nature of Government, and Man's Rights. The rest of the book is a collection of essays pertinent to the title.

Old Capt Bill

HarryD said...

I highly recommend the learn liberty youtube channel aswell for economic youtube videos and lectures.