Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Speaking Pablum

Pablum, if my memory serves me correctly, is a gooey infant mash you feed to infants.

It is also a mush mouth of non-sensical words politicians use to talk over lesser minds in order to trick these lesser minds to vote for them. Don't believe me?

Test it.

Go to youtube and listen to any of Barack Obama's speeches.

If you find ONE concrete action he advocates taking, then I must have been bombed out of my mind because the man, despite speaking voluminously has never said ONE thing.

If you find every word he says to be genius, then you are one of those lesser minds lacking genuine critical thinking skills and independent thought.

Regardless, what I always found interesting in my talk radio days was when I would get a liberal caller. They would NEVER make any sense. They would NEVER get to the point. They would just BLATHER.

I always wondered where they learned to talk for so long, yet say ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

Enter Academia.

Without going into detail, you must understand, career academians, leftist, politicians (of all stripes) and other such ilk, make a living by promising the unpromisable to the masses. When the reality comes crashing down, and the masses are about to get wise to the scam these scumbags perpetrated on the masses, these scumbags' careers are threatened. Thus a VITAL part of their job security is to be able to make themselves sound intelligent, but say nothing and promise nothing, YET make it sound like they're promising SOMETHING so that lesser minds keep voting for them.

Of course, we don't need curt, blunt, truthful talk.

We need to "win the future."

Have a "Sputnik moment."

Or "achieve a new greatness."

Only the most idiotic and purified extract of moron could ever believe such words have ANY meaning.

9 comments:

Bill Gilles said...

The single greatest contribution to the decline of written communication is, "Your essay must be 500 words long."

Never before, have so many, been taught to say so little, with so many words.

Unknown said...

Agreed.

Case in point: I wasted 2 hours last night watching the Leaders Debate (in Canada).

Before Stephan Harper became a politician, his views would be classified as small "l" libertarian (for a Canadian).

Now that he is PM in a minority government facing a close election, he spouts pure pablum.

If he spoke plainly, especially about libertarian ideas such as individual liberty, personal responsibility and the proper role of government, he would fall in the polls.

I am convinced voters do not want to hear the truth. They would rather be lied to than face the untruth or unreality of their beliefs.

This is one reason why I look forward to a Donald Trump candidacy in the US. Although I loathe his views on trade, I find his plain spoken approach riviting.

I hope he runs. And pass the popcorn.

Rick Caird said...

Obama has mastered the ability to give good sounding speeches. However, if the speech is read by even a casual observer, it turns out to be "content free". At some point the masses will catch on to this technique.

Anonymous said...

I am glad you mentioned this issue. During the campaign, the standard comment was on how great Obama`s speeches tended to be. So I listened to a few speeches, and I thought he was a complete dud. Then I find out he even uses a teleprompter, while talking to elementary school students. I just don`t understand how Obama is considered a great speech maker.
The content was always empty, and the delivery was below par.
Well anyways, his star power seems to be fading, as the economic reality sets in. On the positive side, Jimmy Carter must enjoy no longer being regarded as the worst modern day President.

JaimeRoberto said...

The problem is that when a politician gets into specifics, he gives people something to criticize. When a politician speaks in generalities like "hope" and "change", the voters can project whatever they want onto to candidate and the candidate is harder to criticize.

Anonymous said...

Obambi's speeches never "sounded good" to me -- there's a hackneyed cliche a minute.

And that's the "with teleprompter" speeches. Without it, he's errr ummmm errr really annoying to listen to.

Anonymous said...

@ Bill Gilles: 500 words? More like 3000. But either way, it makes you aim for the word count, not the content and thus you drag out the piece with flowerly, nonsenical language to cover up your lack of actual argument.

@ Jason: I wish I was an American just so I could vote for Donald Trump. Whether or not you agree with his ideas on trade, you have to acknowledge that the man has a coherent vision for America's future and the drive and dedication to get things done. That alone puts him a mile ahead of his political competition.

- Breeze

Eric said...

Trump seems to think we don't need to cut spending. Helloooooo. Wake up dummy.

Bike Bubba said...

The one concrete thing Obama said is "repeal the Bush tax cuts for the rich."

I'll let you decide if you were bombed out of your mind, but that said, I can't blame you if you got plastered before listening to Obama talk. I have the (perhaps rare?) ability to note that he's doing his "professorial talk without the burden of actually knowing anything" schtick.

Which is why I don't watch many of his speeches. I would have to get plastered to handle it.