Tuesday, February 07, 2006

So Salman Rushdie, Wulf the Teacher and Cappy Cap Walk Into a Bar...

So my hits go through the roof when I posted that picture of Mohammed that all the muslims are getting their panties in a bundle over. And what got me is that I really didn't think it was a particularly great post. Just kind of threw it up there and made a sentence or two of commentary.

Then I noticed my "first time visitor" hits were the primary reason. In otherwords, people who had never visited my site before were visiting now.

So I wondered if some radical muslim got a hold of this post, and then forwarded it to all of his friends who are now plotting my assassination.

To see if it was just me, I asked Wulf the Teacher over at Atlasblogged if he experienced the same thing.

Well, here's my stats;


And here are his;


Salman Rushdie, we hardly knew thee.

5 comments:

Wulf said...

What do you use to track your visitors, anyway?

Captain Capitalism said...

statscounter.com

Pretty good, simple site. I tried that one you have, I like the charts more, but I couldn't get the code in right for some reason.

Wulf said...

Speaking of Salman Rushdie, we haven't received any death threats over at AB (that we were made aware of), but the crazies came out of the woodwork. We had a couple ofcomments I wouldn't print, and a couple more that I would have printed if they had provided a real email address.

It's amazing to me.

By the way, Cappy Cap... if we ever walk into a bar, the first round is on me.

Wulf said...

Oh, and I forgot to ask... do you know where your traffic spike was coming from? Which sites?

Captain Capitalism said...

No, I am not technologically savvy enough to do that. Well OK, truth is I'm too damn lazy to go and look up the cookies or IP addresses.

I got a buddy in NC. Might go visit him. Will be sure to take you up on the free drink as it would be economic.