Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Some Housing Stats

So I hear "record levels of housing inventories" in several articles, but do they make charts?

Hell, no. That would make my job easier.

Then again, if you go to the Department of Commerce's web page and look up the raw data they make it insanely difficult to graph and chart.

But, oh, little did those bastards expect me. I was able to rearrange the data and come up with some nifty ones.

First total houses for sale.



Of course, this does not account for population growth or the size of our economy, so I calculated two additional charts;

Houses for sale as a percent of total housing units
and vacant housing as a percent of all housing units.

Both at all time record highs.

A buyers market it will become.

1 comment:

Wulf said...

Damn. And here I have to move this summer.