Wednesday, August 02, 2006

You Can't Make This Up

I had the unfortunate experience of spending a year in a small Wisconsin town during my youth. And of course the stereotype is that it's a small Wisconsin town, they're all hicks, they drink beer and drive old pick up trucks.

But we have intellectually evolved here in the US to know that stereotypes aren't true. That stereotypes exist for no reason other than to promote bigotry, racism and prejudice. That there isn't a seed, an ounce, a kernel of truth to the stereotypes out there and if you categorize people based on stereotypes you are a racist/bigot/homphobe/sexist, etc.

Yeah right.

1 comment:

Captain Capitalism said...

YEAH I KNOW! I felt bad for the alligator.

Good lord, can't you just duck tape the mouth????

Shoot it with an arrow

Slice it's throat

Then, 6 hours later, get around to shooting it????

I hate PETA, but good lord, I legitimately feel bad for the alligator.